What is flexloader?
flexloader is a small utility to configure SRAM based ALTERA devices. It downloads a code to the device SRAM using an ALTERA ByteBlaster or a compatible programmer (see schematic below). It dialogs with it through the parallel interface, using parport.
It should support APEX20K, FLEX10K, FLEX6000 and ACEX1K families, though I only tested it on a FLEX10K10 device.
It currently only supports files in raw binary format (.rbf), but others format such as HEX or TTF may be implemented later.
- 2005-09-15 - Version 0.03
- Added support for GNU/kFreeBSD and probably for FreeBSD.
- 2005-01-20 - Version 0.02
- Minor fixes, mainly in documentation.
- 2005-01-10 - Version 0.01
- Initial release!
As of September 15th, 2005 the current release version is 0.03
- flexloader version 0.03 - 109660 bytes [GPG]
- flexloader version 0.02 - 106503 bytes [GPG]
- flexloader version 0.01 - 104896 bytes [GPG]
If you would like to contribute a binary package for your favorite distribution, please let me know!