What is flexloader?
flexloader is a small utility to configure SRAM based ALTERA devices. It downloads a code to the device SRAM using an ALTERA ByteBlaster or a compatible programmer (see schematic below). It dialogs with it through the parallel interface, using parport.
It should support APEX20K, FLEX10K, FLEX6000 and ACEX1K families, though I only tested it on a FLEX10K10 device.
It currently only supports files in raw binary format (.rbf), but others format such as HEX or TTF may be implemented later.
The code, documentation and schematics are copyright (C) 2005 Aurelien Jarno, and are distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.
- 2005-09-15 - Version 0.03
- Added support for GNU/kFreeBSD and probably for FreeBSD.
- 2005-01-20 - Version 0.02
- Minor fixes, mainly in documentation.
- 2005-01-10 - Version 0.01
- Initial release!
As of September 15th, 2005 the current release version is 0.03
- flexloader version 0.03 - 109660 bytes [GPG]
- flexloader version 0.02 - 106503 bytes [GPG]
- flexloader version 0.01 - 104896 bytes [GPG]
If you would like to contribute a binary package for your favorite distribution, please let me know!
- Aurelien Jarno (homepage: http://www.aurel32.net)